This method is preferred by suppliers that have larger inventories that change at a moderate rate, but lack the technical ability to automate email...
Quick Guide - Updating Availability - ERP Automation and API Integration
Both of these methods involve making a connection with your ERP system. This may sound like a cumbersome process, but it is fairly straightforward with OrderEase.
- Contact OrderEase at 888-476-6527 to configure your inbound email and set up our automation within your ERP system.
- Configure your current ERP system to send an email with an attachment of a CSV or Excel file that contains all of your inventory values. Your ERP support person can create a simple program that can retrieve this information and post it to your OrderEase inventory.
OrderEase has a fully enabled API that will allow you to build a bridge between your ERP data and your inventory on OrderEase to ensure you inventory availability is updated in real-time.
- Visit our API documentation: https://OrderEase.com/api-documentation/
- Contact us to tell us of your plans so we can assign a technical representative to coach you during the process.
In both instances, you will want to take advantage of our email system within OrderEase to let your customers know about recent changes in your inventory. Follow these steps to announce new availability of your products.
- Once you have completed your updates, you should immediately send out an Announce Availability notification email to let your customers know that there have been updates to your products. Note that this step is optional and is not required for your updates to take effect.
- From the top navigation, select, “My Communications” and then “Announce Availability” to send an email announcement containing a sample of your current inventory and links to your catalog so buyers can order your products, which will also appear in your buyers home page feed in OrderEase.
- Enter a Title for you announcement and select the date range that you want the announcement to appear in your customers’ home page feed. By selecting the “X” beside the “Date to Stop Showing” box, you can clear the field. This is useful if you want the current announcement to always appear, as is, on your customers feed.
- Enter in your announcement message in the “body” field. Note that your announcement email will contain your products below the text, so you may want to keep your text fairly short and to the point.
- You can optionally include up to 3 images to highlight your best products.
- You can now select all the recipients you wish to send the announcement email to. Please note that the top boxes do NOT automatically deselect if you make changes further down the page (ie. Selecting “All My Connected Buyers” will not turn off if you make a selection further down the page to target a more specific audience).
- Once you have selected your recipients, take the time to send yourself a preview of your announcement to make sure you are completely happy with how it will appear to your buyers.
- Once you are satisfied with your announcement, click the “Announce Now” button to launch your announcement.
Learn more about wholesale inventory integration